Zen Caregiving Project (ZCP) is a San Francisco-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization committed to supporting and building the emotional resilience of caregivers, including family caregivers, clinical caregivers, professional caregivers, and volunteer caregivers. Our organization was founded in 1988 by members of the San Francisco Zen Center and has deep roots in caring for indigent people living on the streets. Our work today is centered on our Mindful Caregiving Education courses, our Volunteer Caregiving service, and our community engagement and partnerships. All our work continues to be underpinned by our fundamental values of compassion and service.
We are looking for a Chief of Staff with excellent project management, strategic planning, and business development skills who can help advance the work of our small and dedicated team. Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Chief of Staff will have a central role in supporting the ED with day-to-day operational management, implementing and running projects, preparing materials for public consumption, and raising awareness of and funding for the organization.
What You Will Do
- Project Management: Manage the timeline and budgets of the majority of our projects, in partnership with internal and external partners. This may include writing materials together with staff teachers, liaising with external partners, supporting volunteer recruitment and outreach, and reporting to funders at the end of a project cycle.
- Business Development: Search for and identify relevant external partners, respond to requests from prospective partners, and support existing partners with designing and costing projects.
- Marketing: Manage the schedule for the organization’s marketing activities, including monthly e-newsletters and quarterly updates. Create content for the website and e-blasts, including newsletter copy and blogs.
- Fundraising: Engage and grow our existing donor base through campaigns and marketing. Identify relevant charitable foundations and grants, and write associated grant proposals.
What You Will Bring
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience including cross functional project management experience
- Skills and experience in professional writing
- Technical proficiency with MS Office, Google Suite, WordPress and Salesforce
- Knowledge of social media analytics tools (a plus!)
- True appreciation of ZCP’s mission and values
- Experience or interest in mindfulness practice and/ or meditation (a plus!)
- We are seeking an individual who can start in mid-January 2022.
- The starting pay range for this role is $80,000-$95,000 per year.
- This role is eligible for full-time benefits including:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage (100% of your employee premiums paid by ZCP)
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Generous paid time off (described below)
- Our team is based in San Francisco and working remotely. It is not required that this individual be based in San Francisco, however, it is ideal for this individual to work hours consistent with Pacific Standard Time.
- This individual must have permission to work in the United States.
Life at Zen Caregiving Project
At ZCP we practice what we teach, bringing a mindful approach to our work, practicing self-care and believing strongly in the virtue of service. We start every Monday by connecting as a team and making room to discuss both personal and professional things. We give our team ample time and space for personal respite including 25 days of paid time off, 9 paid holidays, and birthdays off. We also encourage employees to participate in our Mindful Caregiving Education program and new volunteer training as part of their professional development at ZCP.
How to Apply
To be considered for this role, click Apply and submit a cover letter and resume.