Instructor: Loretta Lowrey
Essentials of Mindful Caregiving is a four-part online course that introduces mindfulness tools and approaches that support caregivers to build their emotional resilience and maintain high-quality and compassionate care.
This live interactive series includes the following modules:
- Cultivating Mindfulness for Engaged Care
- Sustainable Compassion in Caregiving
- Loss and its Influence on the Caregiving Experience
- Maintaining Healthy Boundaries
Each two-hour session incorporates teaching, guided meditations, small group activities, and opportunities for group sharing. Handouts are provided for each session.
Led by experienced instructors, our courses provide the opportunity to learn methods that reduce stress and burnout, and tools that support you in providing quality care and connection in any care environment.
Who is it for?
Essentials of Mindful Caregiving is open to anyone interested or involved in caregiving in any capacity. Whether you are a clinician, a professional caregiver, an informal caregiver, or someone who wants to learn more about our approach to caregiving, the topics and teachings covered will be relevant and of lasting value.
How does it work?
- The course will run on four consecutive Wednesdays on March 1, 8, 15, & 22 from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm Pacific Time/San Francisco)
- Each session will be two hours long (a total of 8 hrs live teachings)
- Class size is limited to 20 people
- Sessions will be conducted live via video conferencing (Zoom) by an experienced MCE Instructor.
How much does it cost?
As a non-profit with the goal of improving the care experience, it is important to us that our pricing allows as many people as possible to attend.
- Continuing Education Units Fee: $175
- Tuition: $150
- Fixed-income Tuition: $120
All posted tuition is subsidized by the generosity of our donors. Help us keep our courses accessible by making a donation with your registration.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
CEUs are available for nurses. This course has been approved for 3 CEUs by the California Board of Nursing. Provider Number 17365.
** This course will not be recorded. Please ensure that you can attend these live online sessions.
We will be using the Zoom web conferencing platform to run the forum. Due to security updates, you will be required to download the latest version of the platform. Click here to download the Zoom Client for Meetings. You will also find other updates to their platform for your cellphone and iPad. Please test out Zoom on your device before the session to ensure proper video and audio settings. For instructions, watch Zoom’s instructional video and then join a test meeting to confirm your computer settings. Be sure to speak into your build-in microphone or external headset to check the audio level.