Foundations of Mindful Caregiving 4-Part Online Series introduces mindfulness-based tools and approaches to caregivers, helping to build their emotional resilience and supporting them to maintain delivery of high-quality and compassionate care.
Instructors: Mary Doane
We are pleased to share with you our Foundations of Mindful Caregiving Four-Part Online Series.
Based on our popular Foundations of Mindful Caregiving course, this shorter online series will help you:
- Sustain focus and presence in the face of stressful circumstances
- Increase the capacity to cope with loss and suffering
- Establish healthy boundaries in relationships
- Deepen and sustain compassion for self and others
We will cover topics such as mindfulness, compassion, loss, and boundaries, providing the foundations of an approach to caregiving that reduces stress and burnout and allows you to provide quality care and connection to those you care for.
The sessions are run by an experienced Zen Caregiving Project instructor and will include meditation, self-reflection, experiential activities, and group sharing.
Who is it for?
This course is open to anyone who is interested and/or involved in caregiving. Whether you are a clinician, a professional caregiver, a family caregiver or someone who wants to learn more about caregiving, the topics and teachings covered will be relevant and of lasting value.
How does it work?
- The course will run weekly for four weeks in June 11, 18, 25 and July 2 (3:00pm – 5:00pm).
- Each session will be two hours long.
- Sessions will be conducted live via video conferencing by an experienced Instructor.
- We will use Zoom video conference technology, which is free and easy to download in advance of the course start.
How much does it cost?
As a non-profit with the goal of improving the care experience, it is important to us that our pricing allows as many people as possible to attend.
- CEU price: $160
Continuing Education Units/Credits for nurses are available with an additional $30 administrative fee to the standard price.
- Benefactor price: $155
This price pays your course fees and also helps other caregivers attend who otherwise wouldn’t be able to. We thank you in advance for your generosity.
- Standard price: $130
- Student/Accessibility price: $90
Some tickets are available for caregivers who can’t afford the standard price.
Continuing education units are available for nurses. This course has been approved for 4 CEUs by the California Board of Nursing. Provider Number 8793.