Instructor: Roy Remer
We are in a time of great transition, with our jobs changing, society as we’ve known it changing, and our daily lives changing. This session for professional caregivers is an opportunity to reflect on your usual ways of coping with change and transition and if they serve you. We will share mindfulness techniques and compassion practices that support you to navigate transition, reduce the anxiety that uncertainty brings, and increase a sense of ease and well-being.
The session will point out the relationship between your ability to meet and integrate change, and your ability to support someone else’s experience of change. Short meditation periods are included in the session and there will be time at the end for Q&A.
No previous mindfulness experience necessary. Continuing education (CE) credits available.
Who is the course for?
The course is open to anyone who provides care as their occupation, including Nurses, Social Workers, Physicians, Therapists, and Direct Care Workers.
As a result of this training, participants will be able to…
- Summarize the relationship between mindfulness, resilience and wellbeing
- Reflect upon usual patterns of coping with change and identify ways to modify those patterns where desired
- Apply a mindfulness and compassion practice to experiences of emotional discomfort or overwhelm
Thursday, May 28th at 12:30 pm – 1:15 pm (Pacific Time/SF)
The session will be conducted through Zoom. Log-in information will be sent to participants by email once registered. (The Register button is on the right-hand side of this page)
Registration will close 2.5 hours before the session begins.
*This session will be recorded.
To install the Zoom web conferencing application and join a test meeting to ensure your system is properly set up, go to https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115002262083-Joining-a-Test-Meeting
- Interactive presentation
Zen Caregiving Project is glad to offer these live sessions for free to everyone. If you are able to help support us with a donation, please click on the “Give” button below.
Continuing Education Units (CEU) Information: (revised)
(credits provided through Institute on Aging)
If you seek 1.0 professional Continuing Education Units, please note this in your reservation. There will be no charge for this.
No post-test is required for this training, as attendees have the ability to interact with the online instructor/moderator.
Here are the following CE entities through which credit is available:
- Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN), Provider # CEP13610, for 1.0 Contact Hours. IOA is authorized to deliver to RNs only.
- CAMFT is an approved BBS provider and offers CEs to MFTs and LCSW, LPCCs and LEPs. We cannot deliver to MSWs or other licenses outside of those noted as eligible. Continuing Education Units available. CAMFT provider number is #135377.
- State Bar of California (MCLE): Course meets the qualifications for 1.0 hours of continuing education credit for Licensed Fiduciaries and Attorneys (Provider #13264).