Instructor: Roy Remer
Donation-based / CEU available
Remember, reconnect and recommit to the values that inspire you as a professional caregiver. Perhaps you have been working overtime in an intense care environment since the pandemic began and are feeling exhausted. Or, you are feeling cut-off from your clients or patients and feel fatigued by screen time. This interactive session will guide you through techniques and exercises that help you reconnect to the values that led you to caregiving and that guide you in the work you do to keep the motivation alive.
We will offer an opportunity to quiet the busy mind and contemplate values that affirm what matters most. We will introduce activities that support resiliency and life satisfaction and deepen compassion for self and others. This session will include a short presentation, guided mindfulness meditations, activities, and time to ask questions.
As a result of this training, participants will be able to…
- Reflect upon and affirm values that create meaning in both the work context and daily life.
- Describe the relationship between values affirmation and pro-social focus on serving and support others
- Apply the practice of loving-kindness meditation to activate motivation to support others
Tuesday, June 16th at 12:30 pm – 1:15 pm (Pacific Time/SF)
The session will be conducted through Zoom. Log-in information will be sent to participants by email once registered. (The Register button is on the right-hand side of this page)
Registration will close 2.5 hours before the session begins.
*This session will be recorded.
To install the latest Zoom web conferencing application and test the system for proper set-up, go to https://zoom.us/download and then run a test through https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115002262083-Joining-a-Test-Meeting
- Interactive presentation
Zen Caregiving Project is glad to offer these live sessions for free to everyone. If you are able to help support us with a donation, please click on the “Give” button below.
Continuing Education Units (CEU) Information:
(credits provided through Institute on Aging)
If you seek 1.0 professional Continuing Education Units, please note this in your reservation. There will be no charge for this.
No post-test is required for this training, as attendees have the ability to interact with the online instructor/moderator.
Here are the following CE entities through which credit is available:
- Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN), Provider # CEP13610, for 1.0 Contact Hours. IOA is authorized to deliver to RNs only.
- CAMFT is an approved BBS provider and offers CEs to MFTs and LCSW, LPCCs and LEPs. We cannot deliver to MSWs or other licenses outside of those noted as eligible. Continuing Education Units available. CAMFT provider number is #135377.
- State Bar of California (MCLE): Course meets the qualifications for 1.0 hours of continuing education credit for Licensed Fiduciaries and Attorneys (Provider #13264).