Instructor: Mary Doane
$125 Benefactor / $100 Standard / $70 Accessibility
Our Mindful Family Caregiving Four-Part Online Series helps you find support and community, and shares resilience-building tools to improve your care experience.
Based on our popular Mindful Family Caregiving course, this online series will help you:
- Increase the capacity to cope with discomfort and suffering
- Create a plan for maintaining self-care
- Establish healthy boundaries in relationships
- Deepen and sustain compassion for self and others
Who is it for?
This course is designed for family caregivers, and those who have been/will be family caregivers. We recommend that clinical/professional caregivers explore our Foundations of Mindful Caregiving Training.
How does it work?
- The course will run weekly for four weeks in September.
- Each session will be two hours long.
- Sessions will be conducted live via video conferencing by an experienced MCE Instructor.
- We will use Zoom video conference technology, which is free and easy to download in advance of the course start.
How much does it cost?
As a non-profit with the goal of improving the care experience, it is important to us that our pricing allows as many people as possible to attend.
- Benefactor price: $125
This price pays your course fees and also helps other caregivers attend who otherwise wouldn’t be able to. We thank you in advance for your generosity.
- Standard price: $100
- Student/Accessibility price: $70
Some tickets are available for caregivers who can’t afford the Accessibility price.
Tuesdays on Sept 8, 15, 22 and 29 at 3:00 – 5:00 pm (Pacific Time)
The session will be conducted through Zoom. Log-in information will be sent to participants by email prior to the session. (The Register button is on the right-hand side of this page)
Registration will close 2.5 hours before the session begins.
We will be using the Zoom web conferencing platform to run the forum. Due to security updates, you will be required to download their latest version of the platform. Click here to download the Zoom Client for Meetings version 5. You will also find other updates to their platform for your cellphone and iPad. Please test out Zoom on your device before the session to ensure proper video and audio settings. For instructions, watch Zoom’s instructional video and then join a test meeting to confirm your computer settings. Be sure to speak into your build-in microphone or external headset to check the audio level.